Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Karma hates me

I've been rather gleeful that Mr. Mac has sleep apnea and needs a CPAP machine. I'm not gleeful because I want him to have problems, but because

(a) I like being right and I was convinced he had sleep apnea,

(b) I was worried he'd have a heart attack in his sleep due to sleep apnea and really wanted him on the machine to prevent that,

and

(c) I've shared a hotel room with someone who had a CPAP and found the noise very restful so I figured I'd get a better night's sleep with him on the machine vs. him snoring.

So yesterday Mr. Mac comes home with his brand-spanking-new CPAP machine and I go to bed and I can't get to sleep. That thing is SO noisy and it makes a noise like wind whisling through the trees crossed with a car reving it's engine. Both are noise that startle me and keep me from sleeping.

But I think I'll be able to get used to it because, unlike snoring, it's at least a regular sounds. If not, well, at least I don't have to worry Mr. Mac is going to die in his sleep from sleep apnea.

No comments: